Nearly all planning applications affecting the Parish are included on the Parish Council agenda for consideration. The Parish Council does not determine the planning application, its role is to notify Chorley Council of any local concerns.
Parish Councillors consider the applications and make comments to Chorley Council based on local knowledge and comments exchanged by the public attending the Parish Council meeting.
The final decision is always taken by the Chorley Council.
To read more about planning within Chorley Council visit their website at www.chorley.gov.uk/planning .
Planning applications are assessed according to the Local Development Framework. The Framework comprises:
- Core strategy
- Local plan
- Supplementary planning documents
- Affordable housing
- Re-use of employment premises
- Rural development
- Access to healthy food
- Design guide
Wheelton Parish Council advise developers that the Parish Council would request that all future developments take cognisance of:
- Green Energy Driven - heat exchangers, solar panels, high quality insulation, private/public electric car charging points as the norm. Tree planting both private garden and public space for carbon capture
- Infrastructure - dedicated cycle lanes, fitness trails, road pedestrian friendly. Facility development on site to include community shops, near access to schools, medical centres, dentists, leisure facilities, electric bus services.
- Air Quality - +ve clean aire required re development and -ve most likely push developers to our area. A ban on wood burning stoves as they are a great source of particulate matter.
- Amenity Development - open spaces for recreation, play areas, adults outdoor play equipment, community halls
- Accessibility - Super fast broadband in all properties, house and road design catering for all age groups including older residents, outdoor seating, low spillage high quality outdoor lighting.
- Design features and facing materials to respect the heritage of the location and to enhance the visual amenity of the village, especially when seen from the surrounding green belt.