The Role of Wheelton Parish Council

There has been a Parish Council in Wheelton for more than 100 years with the first Council meeting in 1894. The last parish council was formed in May 2006. Wheelton Parish covers the settlements of Higher Wheelton, Wheelton village (sometimes known locally as Lower Wheelton), Briars and Buckholes Brow and Logwood. The parish also extends south-east to Wheelton Plantation and Wheelton Moor.

Who We Are?

Wheelton Parish Council is made up of 7 voluntary Councillors who are elected for a four-year term of office. The Council meets at the Village Hall, West View (at the top of Meadow Street). Meetings are normally held on the first Monday of each month, starting at 8.00pm to approximately 9.30pm.

What We Do?

Issues of continuing concern to the Parish Council include policing of the village, parking, road safety, leisure facilities and the environment of the village. Please note that agenda’s are published on the Parish Noticeboards a week prior to the meeting date. Parish noticeboards for Wheelton can be found at the War Memorial Wheelton and outside Stocks Garage/Petrol Station in Higher Wheelton.

Wheelton Parish Council works closely with Chorley Borough Council and neighbouring Parish Councils on issues of common interest.

Latest News

Iron Man 2017
Iron Man 2017 The Iron Man 2017 is set to return to the area on 16 July 2017 and will mean some temporary road closures. Follow the links to find the roads affected and a map. ...

Added: 2017-04-30

Read More
Jo Cox Event
It is proposed that the anniversary of the Murder of Jo Cox is marked by communities and neighbours to come together, to share food and to celebrate what we hold in common as a public showing of unity...

Added: 2017-04-19

Read More

Contact Us